Saturday, December 8, 2012

S106 Structure

S106 is made up of 3 main meshes with different texture maps.  I've been working with 2 so far, and I need to start incorporating the last one.  Unfortunately, 2 of the meshes have the same geometry, just different texture maps, so the culling code won't necessarily choose the correct mesh for the texture lookup.

I've decided to break up the particle generation and culling into separate chunks, one for each mesh.  I'm also going to add another custom attribute to define which set each particle is from (1, 2, or 3).  This way, I can tweak the look of each set separately in the render code.  After culling, I'll combine the PDA files with my combinePDA code.  Hopefully, this will also make the culling code more efficient since the particles will be generated only for a specific mesh.

Here are the different pieces to the S106 nebula:

TOP
MID
BOTTOM
COMBINED


No comments:

Post a Comment